IVAR S.p.A. A 56 Million Euro growing business focusing on the production of components for heating and sanitary systems. Established in 1985 and employing around 150 people, IVAR’s 20,000 m² production facility is spread over an industrial complex of 40.000m². In 2002 IVAR Italy became the production division of IVAR Group (120 Million euro), with branches in 11 countries : Italy, Belgium, Czech Republic, Slovakia, France, Germany, The United Kingdom, Canada, Norway, Tunisia, China and clients all over the world.
Carisma was asked to work with the Managing and Operations Director to design a programme of continuous improvement based on concepts such as Lean/6-sigma. The project, now on-going since September 2011 has grown significantly in scope and effort and now covers a variety of areas such as business strategy, organisational design, performance management, MIS optimisation, project management, etc.
- 2.5 Million ca. overall inventory reduction
- 32.42% reduction in finished product inventory
- 43.57% reduction in inventory turnover dd
- Simplified and optimised supply chain processes
- Renegotiated contracts with various suppliers (to increase delivery frequency and reduce volumes)
- Redesigned lay-out of various parts of the assembly plant to
- Secured buy-in from middle level management
- Established Continuous Improvement Programme (PMC)
- Initiated training programme to support the PMC
- And so much more...