Laing Traditional Masonry. A 6 Mill USD contractor with offices in Aberdeen, Elgin, Stirling (UK) and Malta.
The project was commissioned by the Scottish Manufacturing Advisory Service and focussed on the UK operations.
In times of steep business growth, the business decided to implement an MIS and the final choice was for the Netsuite ERP. Following four years of convoluted implementation the business realised that the current system was not meeting their requirements. The project was to review the full implementation lifecycle, identify the roots of the current inefficiencies and provide future scenarios’ analysis that would enable the client to make an informed decision as to how to move forward.
- Carisma’ MIS Readiness Model™ to assess the business readiness to adopt the technology at the time they adopted Netsuite and at the time of the review
- Carisma’ MIS Evaluation Tool™ to identify, measure and assess Total Cost of Acquisition (TCA), Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Return on Investment (ROI) and system’s fit-for-purpose
- Process and Organisation Mapping: to map the business organisation and processes and define the business requirements
- Root Cause analysis: To clearly identify the roots of the inefficiencies
- Rigorously measured the TCA and TCO
- Generated immediate 25% annual saving on the current TCO
- Identified a potential 60% annual saving on future TCO
- Clearly linked the business strategic drivers with specific business needs and gaps in the current implementation
- Identified and provided an analysis of four different future scenarios
- Recommended way forward
- Proposed step-by-step recovery of the current implementation