Cummins Generator Technology. A 1 Bill USD manufacturing multinationals with plants in UK, China, India, Mexico, Germany and Romania and distribution centres in England, Italy, Norway, Spain, Texas (USA), Singapore and Australia. The project focussed on 8 product families, infinitely variable to satisfy customer requirements.
In times of market downturn, the business realised the limitations of the current S&OP process in planning sales and operations across their global network of factories and the possibility that the process would be equally limited in anticipating the upturn.
The project was to re-design an optimised S&OP Process, integrate Local and Regional S&OP activities into one Global Process, standardise planning procedures and enable the business to be more agile in responding to market swings.
- Carisma’ Supply Chain Mapping Framework™ to identify and map key activities affecting S&OP process, people and technology
- Carisma’ S&OP Maturity Assessment Tool™ to identify current and desired future state
- Carisma’ Transformation Roadmap™ to set targets for & plan the S&OP re-engineering
- Reduced the S&OP Process Cycle from one month to two weeks
- Codified knowledge “in peoples’ heads” into a set of automated rules
- Reduced time to use the planning tool from 5 days to 5 minutes
- Moved from local to Global S&OP process run and coordinated centrally
- Introduced an Event Management Process to react to emergencies
- Developed a performance measurement dashboard
- Redefined roles & responsibilities of individuals involved
- Obtained full endorsement from the executive and operational staff